What is a survey?
It is the systematic/structured gathering of information from a sample/ proportion of individuals for the main purpose of making conclusions/predictions about a larger population/group.
Prior to starting a survey, one should…
- Define a clear purpose for the survey
- Create research objectives/research questions you intend to answer
- Decide on a methodology to collect the data required
Popular ways of administering a survey:
- Online via a website
- Online via email campaign
- Face-to-face interviews
- Interviews via telephone
In general, the method you choose to administer your survey questionnaire will be dependent on the following:
- The budget – estimated costs of completing the project
- The target population – population size will influence the sample selection
- The sample size – collection approaches would vary base on the sample size
- The timeline – how quickly the data is required would also impact the method selected
Once you have completed administering and collecting your data, remember to contact balcostics if you require assistance with the analysis and presentation of your findings.
At Balcostics our mission is to empower leaders with the required data and information to make better decisions. Learn more about our full list of research outsourcing services for individuals and companies: Click here